logo by Rachael of c3
Like most great ideas... mine are formed in the think-tank that is my bathroom shower. When they've made it from sudsy shower to keeping me up at night and inspiring me while I'm brushing my teeth, driving, and drinking my coffee...then I know it's an idea worth sharing.
My sharing came during a workout session with a dear friend who works at lululemon in the Mall at Millenia. Lauryn was a former co-worker, a current close friend, lover of style and accessories, and fabulous "idea grabber." I say this because we love to swap ideas and become sounding boards for one another. I shared my vision for the busy-women of Orlando... a vision where these women who already go from being mom, to career, to workout (and all the activities for herself and her family in between), embrace the idea of working their workout gear into their wardrobe in a way that truly works for them both functionally and fashionably. How would they embrace this style movement?
- attending a fashion show that
- highlights local community figure-heads as the models (those attending the event would also come to support their friends and further the law of attraction).
- incorporates active-wear into looks that work for the workplace, date-night, errands around town, and a play-date with your kiddos (styled alongside clothing most women would have in their closet; ***this is where my stylist skills shine!***)
- supports local businesses and initiatives through showcasing accessories in the show that could then be shopped on sight; making these inspirations tangible. *ticket sales also went directly to support Market Colors
- evokes the elements of a woman most of us want to be--chic, fun, dynamic and empowered.
From there we collaborated to make this idea a reality and began planning all the parts and pieces. We utilized our connections in the community, relationships we had fostered, and the notion that "it never hurts to ask." The event began to form and all the right people were coming together to volunteer their time. As a big believer in the the natural pull of the universe, I was already seeing the "law of attraction" (like attracts like) come into full effect.
&GO was taking shape!